cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording with IPTV 3.5

ljerome2952
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using IPTV 3.5 content manager and IPTV server 3.5 . Before the summer the recording function worked. Now when i schedule a recording on a iptvserver for an event or a seminar it doesn't appear on the screen onthe IPTV server ; but it can be seen in the local "guide.tv" ( at the bottom of the file ) use as backup when the content manager cann't be joined . I make a test : i don't inform the content manager so the iptvserver works with the local guide and in the guide file i move the section [records program only] at the top of the file ..and the record program appear ...

There no error about record programs int the iptvlog ..it seems like theris someting wrong in the guide.tv retrieved by http from the content manager ...

I'm looking for tracks ..

in attachment the file guide.tv

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco IP/TV Release 3.5.1 enables recording of hinted MPEG-4 files that can be streamed over standards-based media servers such as the Cisco Streaming Engine. Recording of such files allows you to stream MPEG-4 files created using IP/TV Server over third-party streaming servers.

When you record a program in hinted MPEG-4 format, the recording server adds hint tracks to every streamable media track in that program. Hint tracks contain packetization information that tells the streaming server how to package the media data. The streaming server uses the packetization information in the hint tracks to stream the media data to the network.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/conntsw/ps1869/prod_release_note09186a00801da043.html

a.arganaraz
Level 1
Level 1

Ljerome:

I have the same problem with IP/TV server Did you find a solution ?

I need help ..

Alejandro

alejandro.arganaras@gmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: