cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing incoming calls from outside

csrepsol1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am new at Cisco VOIP and i need some help.

I manage to create VoIP on my router C2911 and i have 3 IP phones. I have one voice port that is conected to my country telekom(ground line whose number iz YYYYYY). My phones have 3 digits extensions. Example 222, 333 and 444. They can call each other localy. I configured dial peer pots, and when i make call from my IP phone to my cell phone it goes through voice port, and on my cell phone is shown that the ID of the caller is YYYYYY.

Now i want to configure that when i call from my cell number YYYYYY, router "answers" and ask me what extension do i want and when i type on my cell 222, my IP phone with that extension needs to ring.

Did anyone had same thing to configure?

All the best.

3 Replies 3

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

If i understand your question correctly. You will need to enable as AA "auto attendant" to help any incoming call . For example 0 for operator , if yu know the extension press 1. You have two methods :-

1-CUE :is a module (SRE Module) which added to  your Cisco router . This module is HW should be purchased by your account manager or by the distributor which you deal with. Configuration is so simple as the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a00803f82eb.shtml

2-If there is no budget , use B-ACD is a TCL and you can download required files from Cisco site if these files not on your flash. Please find the below link for B-ACD configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40tclov.html

Thanks

Please rate all useful information

csrepsol1
Level 1
Level 1

Yes Islam, you do understand correctly. Option 2 is possible, while 1 is not for me. Thanks for answer, i will give it a go with B-ACD.

Regards.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That should be done using its-CISCO.2.0.2.0.tcl script. Not B-ACD/AA.