Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSS Scrolling Slow in DMP's

Customer has DMM 5.0 with DMP 4400's deployed. Still fighting with the RSS Tickler object sliding off the bottom of the DMD screen, but I have been told that it is not going to be fixed in the current version of the DMD. Cisco is rewriting the DMD to, I hope, fix this and other problems.

My customer's current complaint is that the scrolling speed on the 4400's is very slow for the RSS feeds. There does not seem to be any places to tweak this in the DMD, but I am wondering if this is something that is really controlled by the RSS feed itself.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Mark Baltz
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm noticing the same effect using an HTML media asset in which the web page scrolls data vertically across the panel. This is a simple playlist, and wasn't constructed via DMD. Viewing the HTML page in a browser, the scroll speed is completely normal.

The answer is there is nothing to be done today. And that is with 5.1. There is a talk that this will be addressed in the next release 5.1.x but not sure when that is targeted for release. Please do not hold me to that, I have not seen anything from Cisco on what features or fixes will be in that release.

That's not good news. I have a case open with TAC right now for the same issue. I'll post a followup if I get a different answer.

Thanks Dan, I'll do the same.

Dan, Did you ever get an answer back on this?