cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

same destination pattern for outgoing FXO

aung.naingoo
Level 1
Level 1

I have assigned the same destination pattern "9" for the outgoing FXO ports as follows.

!

dial-peer voice 81 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0

!

dial-peer voice 82 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/1

!

However, only one line is able to use when dial "9" although there is two lines are installed and configured. Got busy signal when one line is using. Is there any other configuration is needed to accomplish that?

And is it able to assign 81, 82 for direct CO access and also assign 9 to have any available CO in the pool?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can accomplish using 9 for any available port and 81 and 82 to access particular ports by creating dial peers such as the following:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9T

preference 1

port 1/1

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 81T

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 82T

port 1/1

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the "preference number" command in dial-peer configuration where "number" is a digit between 0 and 10. This gives one dial-peer preference over another. The default preference is 0. A lower number indicates higher preference. A dial peer with preference 0 will get chosen before a dial peer with preference 1. You could also create dial peers for direct access to a given port by creating dial peers as in your post, but with destination patterns of 81T and 82T.

Brandon

I have found the problem about the second outgoing call cannot make. I have mistakenly configured the same port for both pot lines (ie. port 2/0 for both). After I have reassigned port 2/0 and port 2/1 for individual pot lines, the outgoing calls can be made with the prefix 9 using any available lines. And after putting the preference numbers, the line with higer preference make the call and the lower prefrence make the second call. Although it is the optional feature for my requirement, it does indeed a useful one.

Another part that I still couldn't able to do is to have able to use 9T to acesss any available pot lines and dial 81T or 82T to access direct individual pot lines.

I have rated the post as the suggestion on using preference numbers are quite a useful method. And please also suggest me if my mentioned second task can be done.

You can accomplish using 9 for any available port and 81 and 82 to access particular ports by creating dial peers such as the following:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9T

preference 1

port 1/1

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 81T

port 1/0

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 82T

port 1/1

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

It was a very thoughtful idea which I has missed. Thanks a lot for the tip. It is working as exactly as what I needed. It Solved !

Cheers