cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulating a VG to act as PBX to test hookflash trf ?

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in a situation, where I have 2 2811's CME systems connected via an E1 trunk.

Is it possible for me to configure 1 of the routers to simulate some PBX functionality ?

Specifically, I want to test the ability of one router to do "hookflash transfers".

Normally, I would connect it to a PBX, that supported this, and experiment. However, I dont have one, and was wondering if I could use one of my 2811's to simulate this functionality ?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Cisco MGCP-controlled gateways with FXS ports supports hookflash transfer.So cisco 2811 is one such router.Refer URL

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805322c7.html#wp1100226for more information.

Hi,

I have conncted the 2 gateways over a E1 using fxs / fxo loop-start signalling.

I also have TCL scripts at 1 end to detect and report hookflash on any call leg.

However, although the script gets the call from one end to the other, it is unable to detect hookflash events.

Basically, I am trying to connect to a PBX, which supports hookflash transfers on E1 CAS using FXS/FXO loopstart.

I want 1 gateway to simulate the PBX.

From what I have gathered so far, it seems this is not possible on digital CAS trunks.

Any thoughts ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: