Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Multi registration Issue

Amit Singh2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

My scenario is to have a Single Cisco CUBE registered with 3 different providers. The purpose of three registration is to make some cheap calls and toll bypass. I can register with all three service provider using three Credential command user the SIP-UA config and three registrar server specified. The problem i have is when i make outbound calls. The initial invite from my CUBE to service provider doesnt include the username and password. When service provider receive my Initial Invite message for a call, it respond my CUBE with a 407 message " Proxy Authentication Required" Cisco CUBE looks for Realm field in this message and respond with the configured Authentication username and password with matching Realm field.

The problem i have is that all three service providers in my case have Realm field set to "Realm". In Cisco CUBE i can have only one Athenticate username and password with Realm as "Realm". If i try to enter a second pair it updates the config.

Now i have two solutions. Get service providers to set Realm field to something unique.like SP1 and SP2. in that case i will configure authenticate username and password with Realm set to SP1 and SP2. The service providers are reluctant to do that.

The second option i have is to send username and password in the initial invite message so that i dont receive and 407 message at all. Can someone tell me how to add username and password in the initial invite message of every call we make from Cisco CUBE to service provider.

Thanks in advance .

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts.  :P

Go here:  http://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12150891/sip-multi-registration-issue