cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Outbound CallerID Problem

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, would you be able to help with an issue im having with CallerID, Inbound calls to my voice gateway successfully display the correct CallerID information but when I try to make outbound calls the endpoint displays the CallerID information as “888888888888”

I have tried different methods of manipulating the Calling number on my CME Router to translates the outgoing number to my main CLI “0121345****” as well as trying my SIP account number “844*****” but neither have any affect.

Any help you would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mark Rigby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you verified the number to be right, complain to TSP and show trace as necessary. They may be the ones having the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the main test instrument is "debug ccsip message" with "term mon".

Then to understand why isn't working, you would need to mentioned first what do you want and how's configured now.

Indeed ive performed a debug when placing an outgoing call but cant find a reference to the "88888888888" translations.

CLI is 0121345**** (Partly edited)

The translation config is below

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /0121345****/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^999$/ /999/

rule 2 /^9\(.*\)$/ /\1/

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /.........****/ /2001/

rule 2 /.........****/ /1005/

rule 3 /.........****/ /1006/

rule 4 /.........****/ /1007/

rule 5 /.........****/ /1008/

!

!

voice translation-profile SIP_Inbound

translate called 3

!

voice translation-profile SIP_Outbound

translate calling 1

translate called 2

and the dial peer in question is

dial-peer voice 1001 voip

description **Outbound call to SIP**

translation-profile outgoing SIP_Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

The call setup portion does show the calling number as being 0121345**** an intended.

The only other solution i can think of that there is another translation occurring with the registrar. Ive tested this on several different numbers.

Regards

Hi,

If you verified the number to be right, complain to TSP and show trace as necessary. They may be the ones having the problem.

Well after wrestling with the provider it was a fault at there end, i had expected this behaviour to enabled by default but you know what people say about assumptions!

Cheers for the reply anyhow.

Regards

Exactly. First answer from SPs should be discarded by default.

Hope it helped, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: