Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP and QOS

kirkster
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is it possible for a SNMP utility (Solarwinds, TeVista etc) to interrogate a router with SNMP and for the router to respond with stats regarding the utilisation of the different classes of traffic against my policy map attached to an interface ?

For example, I might have several classes, voice, video, telnet against a policy called policeit. Can the router supply info regarding the packets matched against those classes and the drops encountered ?

I am not an expert at SNMP so any details and help would be very welcome !

Steve

2 Replies 2

f.campos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are using Cisco Routers, you can monitor specific MIB to QoS named CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB, which enable you to get information per class about drop, rate-limit, etc. However, your management app has to prepared to read these MIB. So, you have to load these MIB in your application. These MIB are available to download in Cisco Site in the following URL:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2 or

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

Hi

I am trying to plot the values using MRTG. Suppose I want to get the value of confirmed and exceeded bits/s values of a particular class statement how can I retreive it using SNMP get . I have around 100 class statements and I would like to plot 100 different graphs each showing the confirmed and exceeded bit/s values of each class statement. I have got the required MIB ( CISCO-CLASS-BASED-MIB ) but how do I proceed. Please explain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: