cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST TCL announcment script

rfallara
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a simple TCL script that will play an announcement to callers that try to make outbound calls when in SRST mode. They have limited calling capabilities when the WAN is out so if they try to call a number that is not available instead of a fast busy they will hear a prompt. The problem I am running into is how to setup the dial peer since the caller is an ephone registered with the SRST gateway.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would would be 'application " under ephone-dn.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

won't that play the prompt for all calls? If SRST is active I want the internal users to be able to call 911 and our offsite emergency services but since there are only a few pots lines available for these calls I don't want the users to be able to call any other numbers. So if they dial one of these allowed numbers that call will go through (without hearing a prompt) but if they call any other number they will hear a recorded prompt. I thought the best way to accomplish this would be with a dial peer for each allowed extension and then a wildcard dial peer to catch any other dialed numbers and the service would be attached to that.

That is the easier way to attach a service to an ephone, and you are right, it would be triggered for any call, so the intelligence of making or not making the call, would depend by the script logic.

The alternative, is to trigger the script in "voip loopback mode". To do that, you configure a voip DP, with "service XX", session target pointing to an interface in the same router, destination-pattern and incoming called-number set to same pattern as required, codec g711u.

Of course, if said destionatio-pattern does not cover emergency calls, the script would be be activated for the non-emergency calls only.

But, I'm not sure of the interaction with SRST, MGCP etc, the technique above is routinely used with CME in normal mode.