cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog and CallManager 3.2(2C)

joelvist
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some secret to getting syslog started on CallManager? I have tried to configure CallManager to send errors to a syslog server (not a Ciscoworks server, just a generic syslog). I used the Alarm Configuration menu and provided the syslog server IP address, enabled it, etc. but nothing shows up on the syslog despite the fact that I have errors in Windows event viewer. Other systems are able to log to this syslog. I noticed a few bugs (apparently unresolved) in CCO on older versions of CallManager re: syslog, but I'm not sure if these apply.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

For CallManager 3.2, if the syslog is configured as a remote server, then this may not always work. There are some issues with the disk I/O of the CallManager in case of version 3.2 due to which , sending traces or syslog messages to remote server via a slow network or during periods of congestion will not always work. Cisco does not recommend this. You can use a local syslog server, which will solve the issue. It works for 3.3. For more information refer to:

System Log Management

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/service/syslog.htm