Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

syslog and CallManager 3.2(2C)

Is there some secret to getting syslog started on CallManager? I have tried to configure CallManager to send errors to a syslog server (not a Ciscoworks server, just a generic syslog). I used the Alarm Configuration menu and provided the syslog server IP address, enabled it, etc. but nothing shows up on the syslog despite the fact that I have errors in Windows event viewer. Other systems are able to log to this syslog. I noticed a few bugs (apparently unresolved) in CCO on older versions of CallManager re: syslog, but I'm not sure if these apply.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: syslog and CallManager 3.2(2C)

For CallManager 3.2, if the syslog is configured as a remote server, then this may not always work. There are some issues with the disk I/O of the CallManager in case of version 3.2 due to which , sending traces or syslog messages to remote server via a slow network or during periods of congestion will not always work. Cisco does not recommend this. You can use a local syslog server, which will solve the issue. It works for 3.3. For more information refer to:

System Log Management

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/service/syslog.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies