cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 3000 MXP with CallManager 4.0.2

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I just bought a Tandberg 3000 MXP conferencing system, I understand that the codec came with this system can support up to 4 video and 3 audio streams. Can someone tell me if I can integrate the Tandberg 3000 MXP codec with CallManager as a video/audio conferencing resource ? Any additional software/hardware require to accomplish this ?

My goal is to be able to use the codec resource that came with the system for multi parties conferencing.

Thanks in advance ! I appreciate any inputs/suggestions !!!

Danny

6 Replies 6

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

there are quite a few options of call manager integration products that tanberg sells but i can't seem to find the 3000 MXP supports CCM specifically.

the product does support h323 and SIP.

see this link for more tanberg 3000 MXP info:

http://www.tandberg.net/products/video_systems/tandberg_3000_mxp.jsp

Hi Greg, I appreciate your response. I found out another issue with H.323 client endpoints with CCM. I just have another Tandberg MXP 3000 installed at the remote facility in India and also configured as H.323 client in CCM. I found that in order for H323 client endpoints to call and successfully connect with other (H323/SCCP) endpoints, the endpoints have to be in the same device pool in CCM for the call to successfully connects. If the endpoints are in different device pool the call get disconnected as soon as the far end answers the call.

Is that normal with H323 endpoints ? Is there a fix or workaround for that ?

Thanks ! I appreciate any comments/suggestions

Danny

Hi,

We have 3-4 Tandbergs around Australia, and also needed to put them into the same device pool in order for them to communicate. We also have the 3000 MXP's. Another problem I think you will find is the maximum number of calls allowed through CallManager - if you have a look at your H.323 Client (Tandberg) you'll see the maximum number of calls before a busy tone is 2! Bit of a bummer if you have a few VT cameras as well, and want to set up a multiparty conference (without a dedicated MCU)!

Folks,

Cases like that requires an external gatekeeper in order to correcty route H.323 calls. CCM can be configured as H.323 but it has limitations. If you use a TANDBERG GK or Cisco IOS GK trunked to CCM can solve your problem and Multi-site features can be used w/ no problems.

Jose Alfredo

TANDBERG Brazil.

Hi Jose ! I appreciate your response. The other issue that I have ran into is that the caller ID is not display correctly when calling from Cisco VTA to Tandberg or vise versa. Will GK help resolve this issue ?

You have any documantations on GK ?

thanks !!!

Danny

Danny,

Is it anything related to the system name you put on TANDBERG EP? Caller ID issues usually happens when you don't set up a H.323 name to the system itself. I'm not sure but using a GK can help you also...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: