cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MXP6000 with CCM5.1

jliow
Level 1
Level 1

I am evaluating the possibility of purchasing Tandberg's MXP6000, however the specs seems to say it requires Tandbergs GW and GK

I currently do not have a GK, and since the Tandberg device supports H323, I am wondering if I can make MXP6000 use my existing CCM5.1 GW

1 Reply 1

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I looked at the Data Sheet for the Tandberg 6000 MXP and it looks like the device is a true H.323 endpoint.

Technically you could register this to Call Manager directly as an H.323 client. I have done this with other clients such as Microsoft Net Meeting etc. and they seem to work fine.

The only issue with not having a Gatekeeper in the mix is that you loose some of the zone management & QoS features that can be applied through the GK.

I did notice in the 6000 MXP Datasheet that is supports Call Manager integration with a Tandberg product called ECM? I have never heard of that product nor could I find any documentation on it.

As a side note, Tandberg has a complete line of SCCP or "Skinny" compatible devices that can register to Call Manager using the SCCP protocol instead of H.323. Essentially these devices look like IP Phones.

Hope this helps. Please Rate All Posts!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: