Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

testing DSP

Hello

I have created a lab , with this lab i try to load test my DSP's on a as5300, My Q: can i only load test the DSP's by creating a analog network with analog phones ?

Or .......can i also use a program that generates voip H323 calls and let the DSP's convert this digital data to analog signal and send it over a E1 link ?

I have set up a Ubuntu server with Callgen323 this server is connected with a ethernet link to a as5300 with a carrier card containing 30 dsp , this as5300 is connected with a cat6 cross cable that i made suitable for e1/T1 rj45 to a NM-HDV to a VWIC-1MFT-E1 installed in a 3640A , this 3640A with NM-1E2W is attached with a Ethernet cable to the other Ubuntu server that also has the Callgen323 program installed, i managed to generate the VOIP traffic and the traffic is send from the CALLER setup to true the AS5300 true the NM-HDV to the CALLEE setup, but i do not see any DSP's beeing used .......i see in the "show interfaces" that the encapsulation is just layer 2 HDLC and the serial link from E1 to E1 is not really analog traffic like as over a public switched telephone network ......... what would be the the most simple step to LOAD test the DSP's ? Is it possible to create a analog like connection that uses DSP's on the E1 link ?

Many thanks for the help in advance , please send me all ideas you have , there are no stupit suggestions !

kind regards

Edsge

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: testing DSP

Hi Edgse,

DSP will be used for TDM-Voip conversation

once the call is established DSPs must be used, (without DSPs call cannot simply established tdm-voip)

show interfaces wont show you this information.

Im not an AS expert

but we should have a show voice dsp command like.

I haven't worked with AS5000 series but regarding DSP, following exist

DSP will be used in case of TDM to VoIP call

Also, when there is a different CODEC type used for a call and it differ based upon CODEC Complexity.

Example One Call Leg is using G711 and other call leg is G729 then to make this call through there is a need for transcoding and then the DSP resource will take care of this..

I am not sure what command exist but you can give it a try which is true for ISR

show voice call stat

sh dspfarm all

sh diag --- Will show specific related with DSP specific hardware.

Good Luck

Regards

M

3 REPLIES
Green

Hi Edgse,

DSP will be used for TDM-Voip conversation

once the call is established DSPs must be used, (without DSPs call cannot simply established tdm-voip)

show interfaces wont show you this information.

Im not an AS expert

but we should have a show voice dsp command like.

I never accomplisched my LAB to much other work going on , but i really apreate your reply , thanks for that.

Edgse

I haven't worked with AS5000 series but regarding DSP, following exist

DSP will be used in case of TDM to VoIP call

Also, when there is a different CODEC type used for a call and it differ based upon CODEC Complexity.

Example One Call Leg is using G711 and other call leg is G729 then to make this call through there is a need for transcoding and then the DSP resource will take care of this..

I am not sure what command exist but you can give it a try which is true for ISR

show voice call stat

sh dspfarm all

sh diag --- Will show specific related with DSP specific hardware.

Good Luck

Regards

M

Views
Helpful
Replies