leroyplock
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

With this setup:

TMS1 ------+---FIREWALL---VCS-E---(WAN LINK)---TMS2

|

VCS-C------+

VCS-C is traversal server, VCS-E is traversal client.

Can TMS2 populate a phonebook with the endpoints registered to VCS-C by polling VCS-E or does it have to poll through the firewall to VCS-C?

Many thanks.

6 Replies 6

picledo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

if you open the rules and the TMS2 can reach VCS-C yes, but it´s no reccomended, The best solution is to use a tex file.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply.

I think you're talking about pulling from VCS-C through the firewall. I understand I can do this, but don't want to for obvious reasons. My question is: can TMS2 pull from the VCS-E?

When you say text file, I think you're talking about a manual export/import? I would rather the process be automated, but might have to resort to this.

Leroy,

Yes, you can, you can pull from some gatekeeper attached to TMS, If you have your VCS-E regsiter on your TMS2 you can pull it without problems.

Other solution, if you have your VCS-E in a DMZ with 2 diferents ip (internal, external) you can register this VCS-E on the TMS1.

When i said text file I mean:

Phone Books-> Manage phoen books sources->New->Manual List->Add new contacts.

Bye

Thanks again for your reply.

So to return to my original question, when I register the VCS-E to TMS2 and pull the information from VCS-E to create an address book on TMS2, will this address book show the endpoints registered to VCS-C? Or will it only show endpoints registered to VCS-E? Remember VCS-C is a traversal server and VCS-E is a traversal client.

Thanks again.

Actually the VCS-E is the traversal server, VCS-C is the traversal client, I was confused on that point. I apologize for the error.

Hi Leroy,

see that TANDBERG explanation

The address book used by TMS-2 is only viewed by endpoint registers on TMS2. Other option is to make a cluster with a internal and external TMS.

I doný know if this point is supported by cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: