cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Rule Voice VOIP to add "+" on the left (e.g. "+4930....")

kmmehlkmmehl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I want to make calls to a SIP Server. Actually i need the Number in the full E.164 Format:

"+4930123456"

How can i add via translation rule a "+" on the left side (if this is possible?)

thanks!

C2821 12.4.24

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to do that using translation rules. You will have to put 00 and that's it.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to do that using translation rules. You will have to put 00 and that's it.

Thanks again

So no way i can add this?

It could be done with a custom-made TLC/IVR. If you are interested in acquiring one, contact me at the address present in my profile.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can't guarantee this will work but feel free to give it a try:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^4930....$/ /+\0/

voice translation-profile e164_4940_Outgoing
translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip
translation-profile outgoing e164_4940_Outgoing
numbering-type national
destination-pattern 4930....
session target ipv4:

session protocol sipv2

session transport tcp
forward-digits all

That appears to work fine now, I think it did not in previous versions.

Hello All,

I'm trying to do this, to add a + in front of the calling number, just applied the configurations but the + signal is not being show on IP Phone connected to a CUCM 7

The configuration is:

voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /^[2-9]........./ /+55\0/
rule 2 /^00\(.*\)/ /+\1/

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description ## INBOUND CALLS ##
translation-profile incoming Inbound-Calls
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 2/0/0:0

RIO1RT009448#test voice translation-rule 100 2124727777  
Matched with rule 1
Original number: 2124727777     Translated number: +552124727777
Original number type: none      Translated number type: none
Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

The test on the gateway is working but on the call gets to the phone it shows without the + signal....

Phone being used is 7941GE

CUCM 7.1.3

Gateway: Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3825-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(23), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

H323

I think it's normal, phone only support digits and not +.

Unless I'm wrong as I was wrong before.

First, the 7941 is a Type B phone and does support E.164 display.

There are several important pieces missing from your reply:

• You have tested the translation pattern; however, you do not show proof that the dial-peer shown is being matched for the incoming call leg. If another dial-peer is chosen the translation profile will not apply. You can use the debug dialpeer command to confirm this.
  • How is the router communicating with CUCM: MGCP, H.323, or SIP? The outgoing dial-peer configuration also matters here. For example, are you stripping digits?
  • What is the gateway or trunk configuration in CUCM? Are you limiting the significant digits or applying an CgPI Transformation CSS?
  • Does the phone or phone's device pool have a CgPI Transformation CSS applied? The CgPI Transformation Patterns may be reformatting the pattern on you.

CgPI = Calling Party Information

CdPI = Called Party Information

• You have tested the translation pattern; however, you do  not show proof that the dial-peer shown is being matched for the  incoming call leg. If another dial-peer is chosen the translation  profile will not apply. You can use the debug dialpeer command to confirm this.

The dial-peer is being matched as the call without translation comes without the country code and now inbound calls are showing with the country code just the + is missing, so the translation is being applied

• How  is the router communicating with CUCM: MGCP, H.323, or SIP? The  outgoing dial-peer configuration also matters here. For example, are you  stripping digits?

H.323, no stripping digits

• What is the gateway or trunk configuration in  CUCM? Are you limiting the significant digits or applying an CgPI  Transformation CSS?
H.323 Gateway
H.225

No limiting or transformation

• Does the phone or phone's device pool have a  CgPI Transformation CSS applied? The CgPI Transformation Patterns may  be reformatting the pattern on you.

No

Any idea?

j.schulenberg wrote:

First, the 7941 is a Type B phone and does support E.164 display.

That 's not what you linked doc says ?

There is no way to add + using voice translation rules on a H323 Gateway, per TAC, the H225 stack will remove it.

So I was trying to add this using

Incoming Calling Party Settings, on the device pool, but did not work as I'm using E1 R2 and there is no configuration such as Type of Number....am I right about E1 R2 and TON?

There is another way of doing it?

The way I would solve this is to use SIP between the router and CUCM instead of H.323.

• Convert the outgoing VoIP dial-peer to SIP:
    session protocol sipv2
    dtmf-relay rtp-nte
  • Use the appropriate DTMF relay on both sides:
    • Router:  dtmf-relay rtp-nte (outgoing VoIP dial-peer)
    • CUCM: DTMF Signaling Method RFC2833
  • Use PRACK on CUCM by copying the default SIP Profile, changing SIP Rel1XX Options to Send PRACK if 1xx Contains SDP, and assigning the new profile to the trunk.

There is no impact using SIP and E1 R2?

Generally speaking IOS translates between ISDN and SIP quite well. We do not have E1 R2 in the US for me to test this variant however. Give it a try and see.

Don't forget to update your route group to contain the trunk vs. the gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: