cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with 7905G SIP phone

kmarttila
Level 1
Level 1

Phone has downloaded SIP configuration file from TFTP, so the phone has proxy, UID, LoginID and password entered correctly. Still the phone does not send any register -messages to sip proxy. In fact, it does not send anything at all. (I checked that with prserv, which creates a log file of the phone.) I have tried that with two different phones, but the result was the same. Should something appear in the log file when I try to call? Should it try to register even if the password/UID isn't correct?

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

You can collect information relating to the operations of a Cisco IP Phone and store this information in a log file on a server that you specify.This information can be useful for debugging and troubleshooting. To collect information for debugging, you will need the prserv.exe tool. This tool is bundled with the Cisco IP Phone software.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801b1b68.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: