cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding IP phone ,VIC and PVDM2

souravpal
Level 1
Level 1

I am new in cisco voice..not have good idea and looking for a idea..please advise

I have 10 nos cisco 7940G IP phone(among them 5 nos will be installed in H.O and another 5 nos. will be installed in B.O.In between office there is a mpls vpn connectivity.Is it feasible to implement IP phone that case? My main purpose is to serve teleservice between two offices through mpls vpn network  and dont have any PBX.Please guide how to implement VOIP.

Or is required any VIC2 or PVDM2??

Please help....

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

For IP phones to work, you need call control application...

In your case you can use CME for cals between the HO and BO. Configure two routers one at HO and one at BO as CME routers. Register the phones to local CME and create diale peer for calling each other. You VOIP network is up for calling. .

Note :- You will need CME license to configure CME on routers.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

HI Ranak,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Yes I have 2811 router in HO with one VIC2-4FXO , one PVDM2-16 and 10 nos. of Cisco CallManager Express License For Single 7940 IP Phone and  FL-CCME-35=; Feat Lic Communications Manager Express Up To 35 Users.

But what is the function of FL-CCME-35=; Feat Lic Communications Manager Express Up To 35 Users and where it will be applied?

Among 10 nos. of Cisco CallManager Express License For Single 7940 IP Phone,  can I use 5nos. for HO and 5 no. for BO.

For BO , which components are required??

Hi,

BO will require same components like CME license and CME configuration.

I believe you can not use one license and split between two routers.  This is legal point and licensing@cisco.com would best place to get answer.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Is there any function of  VIC2-4FXO ,PVDM2-16  and Feat Lic Communications Manager Express in that scenario?

Hi

FXO would be required if you want to connect PSTN line to make PSTN calls.

PVDM, would be required if you need conferencing and G729 calls across WAN.

Regards

Ronak Patel