cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Video advantage doesn't connect to any phone.

bhavnakraman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a windows 7, 64 bit OS and I have installed the VT advantage 2.3.1. Everything got installed, and the camera is also working but it is not connecting to the phone. The Icon on displays a message Cisco Unified Video advantage doesnt connect to any phone. I have disabled the wireless and the laptop is directly connected from the phone.

The release notes for 2.3 version mentions that this version is compatible with Windows 7 32 and 64 bit OS.

Please advise.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just be sure the firewall is not in cause. A quick check is not a lot time and it permits to be sure its ok.

Are you sure your laptop Wireless card is disabled ? power off the Wifi with the physical button + disable all the network cards  (Wireless, VPN etc..) to be sure only one network card is active (Ethernet card).

If you go there :

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco Unified Video Advantage

Delete the trace files. Try connecting CUVA with the phone, and copy/past the content of new tracefile.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

bhavnakraman
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody please advise on this please.

Are you enabled the Video CapabilitiesRequired Field in phone configuration page.

See: Product Specific Configuration Layout

Yes I have enabled all the settings. but the CUVA isnt recognising the phone. Does it matter where the program is installed? It is currently installed in program files (x86), should I install it in Program files only?

Hi,

I have the same issue as you, using the same configuration as you.

For me, the installation folder doesnt matter as It has worked in the x86 directory.

I did have a chance to try that :

workstation (not a laptop)

USB camera compatible Win7 x64 (Logitech lifecam 3000).

That works on a 6961 and 7962 models.

A laptop with an integrated webcam and a Cisco softphone : That works.

Unfortunately, that does not work with laptop and integrated camera using a 6121 phone model (same family as 6961).

I don't have the hardware to make more tests for the moment. I am waiting for hardware, then I will be able to make more tests. I will post the results here.

Are you able to try a recent external camera on a workstation and give the results ?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have exactly the similar issue. Everything works perfectly fine on a desktop with all the same configuration (windows 7 professional, 64bit os), and with an external logitech camera. This doesnt work on a laptop with windows 7 preofessional, 64 bit OS, 6 GB RAM and external logitech camera.

I suspect if there could be some driver issue on a laptop, but I dont know how to determine it.

I have noticed one thing here is that the CDP driver shows up as 1.0 something on a laptop but on a desktop it shows up as 3.0.

Are you also having the same issue? Can somebody tell us a fix for this?

CDP drivers shows 1.0(0.3) on both systems.

Have found a track I will follow monday. I have different network configurations that may cause the issue.

With a softphone, laptop, CUVA and CIPC share the same VLAN -> The computer VLAN.

When I use a physical phone, computer and phone have a different VLAN. Maybe something denied in the network. I will check that with my network admin.

Were you able to try by a physical phone, laptop and CUVA? rather than physical phone, workstation and a CUVA.

yes, and it does not work with the laptop (even with wifi disabled)

Issue resolved for me.

As suspected, the firewall was blocking the ports TCP/IP and UDP 5445 (CUVA) and TCP/IP 4224 (CAST, needed for CUVA) . After these two ports were opened between Computer LAN and IP Phone LAN, that's OK.

Seen on another forum, most of camera works. It doesnt matter if it is a logitech, a Cisco VT one or anything else.

So bhavna raman, check at your network configuration and check if ports are opened between computer and IP phone

Good to hear that your issue is resolved. Unfortunately all those ports are open in the firewall and I don't think its the firewall thats blocking the laptop to connect to the CUVA. I tried to use a desktop in the same LAN and it works but a Laptop doesnt. Do you think I need to troubleshoot anything other than this ?

Just be sure the firewall is not in cause. A quick check is not a lot time and it permits to be sure its ok.

Are you sure your laptop Wireless card is disabled ? power off the Wifi with the physical button + disable all the network cards  (Wireless, VPN etc..) to be sure only one network card is active (Ethernet card).

If you go there :

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco Unified Video Advantage

Delete the trace files. Try connecting CUVA with the phone, and copy/past the content of new tracefile.

Hey have got this working in a lab environment. I need to test it in the network now.

Good.

Please keep us updated with the issues/fixes that you have applied.

thx

Its working on the network too. I had to disable the vpn.