Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade to MeetingPlace 7.x

Can anybody recommend me about good resources to find out about new feature, planning, preparing and upgrading to MeetingPlace 7.x?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade to MeetingPlace 7.x

I don't think there is a technical upgrade path from 6 to 7. With MP 7 the 8100 chassis goes away and you have to replace your audio blades in your 3545 or completely replace your MCU(s) if you are using 3515s. If you have SASU/UCSS/whatever you will get upgraded licensing but I am pretty sure you will have to buy new hardware.

With the architecture change Cisco actually made things much simpler but it is really going to inconvenience people that have a MP5 or MP6 installation. I would think they would offer some sort of upgrade program where you can give them your old 8100 and get a new MCU to support MP7 but I haven't heard of such a program.

Let me know if any details are still fuzzy.

Jason

6 REPLIES

What version are you on right now? The architechure changed considerably for MP7.

Jason

MP 6.x

I don't think there is a technical upgrade path from 6 to 7. With MP 7 the 8100 chassis goes away and you have to replace your audio blades in your 3545 or completely replace your MCU(s) if you are using 3515s. If you have SASU/UCSS/whatever you will get upgraded licensing but I am pretty sure you will have to buy new hardware.

With the architecture change Cisco actually made things much simpler but it is really going to inconvenience people that have a MP5 or MP6 installation. I would think they would offer some sort of upgrade program where you can give them your old 8100 and get a new MCU to support MP7 but I haven't heard of such a program.

Let me know if any details are still fuzzy.

Jason

Thanks.

Abye

is the a path from mp 5 to mp 7 or is it a 2 step upgrade 5 to 6 to 7?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content