cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using IPTV Manager With IIS??

zix1
Level 1
Level 1

Has any one tried configuring the IPTV Manager to work with IIS?

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I think the older versions were running under IIS.

Later versions run Apache to get some additional flexibility in the programming and security.

It's (supposed to be) a dedicated box, why would you want to switch to IIS?

FWIW

Scott

We use IIS for most of our web services, and all of our administrators are proficient with it. We have changed the way the web interface is presented using our own web page, and not the program guide, and would like to move the directory structure around to allow it to fall more inline with our other web sites. As it currently stands we have to leave it running under c:\program files\... unless we want to do some major modification, which I will probably do. As for its dedication, we are running the software on our own box, which is dedicated to IP/TV.

Thanks

Mark

OK, Just being curious.

The documentation has some examples for creating web pages using embedded plugins, including program directories (in a drop-down menu).

I have a standing demo at work that uses the web page / embedded plug-ins that's pretty much just the demos in the book edited to match our system.

That'll cover the user-side; I'm not sure if the Content Manager functions can be re-mapped to another system. Most of the actual functions are handled in perl, so I suppose it's just a matter of linking up the perl scripts to a different page.

Another approach may be to use the Windows Media Streaming system to control the addition of content, and use the web page w/ plug-ins to stream it to the end users. IPTV and WIndows Media system will work cooperatively. Basically, they just share a single content directory.

If I get a chance, I'll play with it and see what I can come up with. We have at least one of each Cisco IPTV units in the Lab, along with some MS W2K servers.

Good Luck

Scott