Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS X8.1 - Calls hanging

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I have a lot of sessions in the active call window that are long time disconnected on the endpoints but still are show as active.

Sometimes it helps to restart the involved endpoint. But mostly not. Types are Sip-Sip non-traversal.

I saw some talks reg. X7.2.2, but I never had this then, just since 8.1.

Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks and regards

Danny

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Danny,

This thread would be better in the TelePresence section of the forums where the VCSes are discussed more actively than here in the Video section.

There were some port changes made in the new X8.1 release too which made things different to the X7.2.2 version - these are discussed in the Release Notes.  You may wish to check that any firewalls between any of your equipment has been updated to accommodate these changes.

Where are you seeing the "active call window" that is showing all the sessions?  Is this on the VCS itself, the endpoint, TMS, elsewhere?

What endpoints are you using, and which version of the endpoint software are they running?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne.

Thanks very much for your reply. You are right with the forum section, but with this new look and feel I struggle to get around... :-)

In the beginning, I had the impression it would be only the endpoints (TC6.3), but also .movi sessions are involved. Internal only, so I assume the firewall ports/ranges are not involved here.

Strangely, I have currently one active connection that eats up 8 (!) licenses and its only a SIP-SIP session. Under the VCS in Status/Calls/Calls to see.

This has never been an issue with the last release I had. Of course, I get now more alarms about that topic as well from the VCS side.

Thanks and regards

Danny

Is there a reason you need to have X8.1?  Could you downgrade back to X7.2.2?

I haven't deployed X8.1 yet (other than in my very small test environment) so can't do much testing for you, but I haven't seen that happen before... could it be a search rule issue?  Is the call doing multiple hops, or traversals for some reason?  Are you able to see these in calls, and provide the relevant log entries, from the VCS logs?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Wayne.

I had to decide if I would downgrade again or make a TAC. Decided to open a TAC, since those hanging calls got weirder and weirder.

Lets see what the outcome is, I am just feeding them the required info. Hope we can fix it, I really would like to integrate our Lync soon.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers

Danny

Thanks for the update Danny.

Please keep us informed of what the TAC finds - it may be useful to others in the future coming across a similar issue.

Cheers

Wayne
--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: