cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video advantage not launching when calling

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

When calling another Ip phone that has a camera there is a problem with the video advantage software not launching. It shows up in the systrey and video checked fine when manually launching software. But does not launch with recieving a call. HEre is my setup below:

I have a demo setup with 2 pc's. Each has it's own IP phone, with a Cisco Camera plugged into the pc via USB. Each PC has Video advantage software and there is a video icon on the IP phone.

What am i doing wrong?

4 Replies 4

ciscoking6801
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a link. I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hope it Helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a8017.html

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the phone load for the version of code. Some of the older phone loads will not launch the video on the latest version of VT Advantage. I ran into this issue and once I upgraded the code on the phone the video launched on on an incoming call.

ariancapri
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the first configuration page of your 7940 phone in the Cisco Call Manager with which your Video telephony is connected.

Then go to theProduct Specific Configuration,"Enable" the "Video Capabilities".

In the Device Information of Configuration Page of the Phone under Privacy "uncheck" the "Retry Video Calls As Audio"

Hope that it will resolve the problem.

puchkisona
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the first configuration page of your 7940 phone in the Cisco Call Manager with which your Video telephony is connected.

Then go to theProduct Specific Configuration,"Enable" the "Video Capabilities".

In the Device Information of Configuration Page of the Phone under Privacy "uncheck" the "Retry Video Calls As Audio"

Hope that it will resolve the problem