Views
Helpful
Replies

video conference equipment QoS setting

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have network which everywhere set mls qos trust dscp and quto qos. normally, I setup video conference equipment to se QoS as video AF41,CS4 and voice EF.

now, there is one video equipment, it has only one bit for QoS. Could anyone advice me which value I should use to much my network QoS enviromant? AF41 or EF?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julxu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In general; a video device that doesn't mark voice and video seperately would be marked AF41. This is because the characteristics of the traffic are very different - video is very bursty, and may be very bandwidth hungry so isn't always a good thing to put in absolute priority queues where it might choke out other traffic including voice.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In general; a video device that doesn't mark voice and video seperately would be marked AF41. This is because the characteristics of the traffic are very different - video is very bursty, and may be very bandwidth hungry so isn't always a good thing to put in absolute priority queues where it might choke out other traffic including voice.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!