Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference with CUCM

Junior Mateus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I usually use CUVA ( Cisco Unified Video Advantage), the thing is  that it just Permit 1 video call between 2 users.

I want to know witch tools or witch application can i use in CUCM for have a kind of meet me video conference with almost 4 participant at the same time.

you can also help me with some link !

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no Cisco user-side software application that allows you to have a video conference call. Just as with audio conferences the media mixing is done by a CUCM-invoked resource. Some Cisco TelePresence hardware endpoints are capable of conferencing limited quantities within the codec itself, this is called Multisite and is an option key.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need a video-capable adhoc conference resource. Examples include the TelePresence Server (recommended), which can now be virtualized, or PVDM3s configured to support video. Either way you it gets added as a Conference Bridge in CUCM and included in your MRG/MRGL. CUCM will invoke a video-capable bridge whenever there are two or more conference participants that have video in their SDP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

So it mean that CUVA can onte enable more than 3 participant ?

I just want to know wich application product can i use !? for have at least 4 video participant.

IĀ“ll try as a MRDevice to use your recommandation a PVDM3 Hardware

There is no Cisco user-side software application that allows you to have a video conference call. Just as with audio conferences the media mixing is done by a CUCM-invoked resource. Some Cisco TelePresence hardware endpoints are capable of conferencing limited quantities within the codec itself, this is called Multisite and is an option key.