Views
Helpful
Replies

video conferencing

ducvu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please help to select proper equipment for our video conferencing purpose - 1 HQ and 16 remote offices. Ideally we would like all 16 remote offices can see/talk to HQ and between themselves. Please advise within Cisco technology. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kerryrowland
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same type of scenario and we use Cisco IPVC3540(w/EMP module, Audio transcoder module and a Gateway module), a 3620 router as a Gatekeeper and Polycom VSX7000 set top endpoints. The Gateway module allows for PRI VCs outside the network.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

kerryrowland
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same type of scenario and we use Cisco IPVC3540(w/EMP module, Audio transcoder module and a Gateway module), a 3620 router as a Gatekeeper and Polycom VSX7000 set top endpoints. The Gateway module allows for PRI VCs outside the network.

dear Sir,

We really appreciate your effort to help us. Could you list out the price of each item so we can estimate how much do they cost us ? thanks again and have a nice day.

dvu5103

dear Sir,

Also could you elaborate a bit more about how do they deploy ? the Cisco IPVC3540 and 3620 router as a Gatekeeper are at HQ and each Polycom VSX7000 at every remote office ? doesn't remote office need anything else ? thanks a lot.

dvu5103

Hi,

I am managing the Video conferencing project but I am struggling to select the appropriate IOS for GK and also router. Please provide some suggestion.

1. Is 2620 is enough for GK? (I am going to use 8 X 256 Video calls through Tandberg gateway)

2. Please suggest the appropriate GK IOS?

Thanks

Varatharajan

osirelkhatim
Level 1
Level 1

Please help to select proper equipment for our video conferencing purpose - 1 HQ and 16 remote offices. Ideally we would like all 16 remote offices can see/talk to HQ and between themselves. Please advise within Cisco technology. Thanks in advance.

Have you implemented this yet? Can you provide some details. We are running CCM 4.0 and are now looking to perhaps have video conferencing. Thank you in advance for any information.