Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video over IP over 802.11b

Greetings,

I work for a commercial vehicle manufacturer, and have been getting some requests from engineers for shop floor videoconferencing. I do know this will be a feasible goal with Vid over IP, but would like to utilize our wireless network which is installed at the plant to have a truely mobile solution capable of conferencing at anylocation within wireless coverage. We are in discovery mode and are wondering if anyone out there has experience with Video over 802.11b. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies 3

simvc
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

We have solutions for that, as we already works with units under AP1200, AP1100 & even linksys

Give me more details as possible.

Guy Romanus

http://www.avidacom.com

reply to guy@avidacom.com or guy@valico.be

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

Steve-

PC based video units such as NetMeeting can use a wireless NIC for IP transport.

If you want a h/w based solution, some Tandberg units also support wireless via PCMCIA slots.

Note that video quality will be subject to packet loss as at this stage QoS on wireless is still difficult to achieve.

I am also looking for a PC or HW based video over 802.11 - Do any "webcams" support Cisco LEAP ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: