Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Videoconferencing over IP versus PIX 7.0.4

Hi all,

could someone help me with problem related to videoconferencing through PIX 525 with PIXOS 7.0.4. We do video through our network and we notice that

audio is good but video goes brokenly when communication goes through PIX.

When we do this without PIX, only through router everything is good.

Could someone help me.

Any suggestions.

BR

jl

3 REPLIES

Re: Videoconferencing over IP versus PIX 7.0.4

Hi

(1)This is generally due to the processing a PIX does on incoming and outgoing packets.A video-confrencing in general is not kept behind firewall.

(2)What port are you using for transmission?I can tell from your scenerio that you are using TCP port.Am I right?If you have priority for video then you need to do the transmission on UDP.In general you will notice that audio is good in TCP and video in UDP.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

Hi,

first thanks for advice. What does it mean "do the transmission on UDP "? Could you pls.explain me this

term.

As I understand from your answer we shoul place

our video server in front of PIX? Am I right?

For our security policy it is not possible.

Any suggestions?

BR

jl

Hi

(1)"Transmission through UDP" : Can u give me the TCP/UDP port your device is using.

(2)Yes, you are right in assuming that those devices should bypass PIX.

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content