cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP with CCS over ethernet WAN

arrowdawn
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a Cisco 2600 and a 1751 both with VWIC-2MFT-E1 i/fs. I have a PABX connected to each router via the E1 using Q.SIG (CCS). If I make the WAN link between the two routers via ethernet (LRE) rather than HDLC will a Voice Over IP configuration work ?

I have seen a document on CCO which suggests it will. Just looking for confirmation from anyone that may have done this ?

5 Replies 5

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

It does not matter what your connection is over the WAN, it should theoretically still work, given that you have full ip connectivity.

I have sort of the an arrangement like this where I need to move two e1 lines from the service provider to our remote location. I have two 2611 router with VWIC-MFT-2E1 on both.

How do I configure the routers to make the connection transparent to the end user equipment for voice traffic.

Juhmey-Systemtech Services Ltd

I believe you will need to configure the routers for TCCS.

The following URL details how to do this :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800e9761.html

I set this up over a LES10 and it worked perfectly.

I am configuring transparent clear channel signaling T-CCS between two site to carry two E1 interfaces from a PSTN to a remote location which has a voice gateway.

I have two 2611XM router and 2 VWIC-2MFT-E1 cards. What else do I need? I wanted to get an NM-2V network module but the voice matrix says NM-2VE. Will this work as I am just trying to move the E1 trucks transparently across an IP network and will this be all I require?

Is using the 1751 a better option and what are the requirements.

An urgent response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Uche

Systemtech Services Ltd

I found that the 1751 would not support T-CCS

Your two 2611XM's should work fine - I simply used the onboard WIC slots as the "voice" is simply being carried as TDM timeslotsand not regarded as voice - hence you can use the WIC slots.

Email me directly if you require more detail info@arrowdawn.com

Gordon