cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage Camera - Microphone

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced problems with the microphone installed in the VT Advantage USB Camera when using it IP communicator.

The Microphone seems to funtion correctly if used by other applications like skype and messenger.

Regards

Miron du Plessis

6 Replies 6

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

you need the latest version (1.1(1) of communicator. You must run the installer, and not AutoUpdate to this version

bgfernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I have the same problem. It worked once then I ran the audio tuning and the mic no longer functions. Works fine with other apps.

IP Communicator 2.0.1.1

VT Avantage 2.0.1.1

I have simular problem

IP Communicator 2.0.1.1

VT Avantage 2.0.1.1

I select audio tuning wizard on the communicator and see that the communicator has the SoundMAX digital Audio selected... that works on my computer with the onboard mic, but if I want to use the mic on the Camera it self, I cant find the option to choose it, it is not visible in the dropdown list in the Tunning wizard.

Anyone find a resolution to this?

IPC 2.0.2.0

UVA 2.0.2.0

I don't see the VTA mic in the audio tuning wizard either.

Maybe, the resolution is to change the default recording device in Windows Control Panel

control panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Voice> Voice recording>Default device

I don't use VT advantage, is the microphone VTA visible in control panel? Did you try this to do?

Yes, even though the VT camera is the default device in control panel, IP Communicator does not recognize it at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: