Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage Multi-party conferencing

mo.ragheb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

One of my clients purchased a 3511e MCU and has over 15 VT advantage ip cameras. Is it possible to setup the video conferencing such that every single participant is seen in a seperate video window (as opposed to the loudest speaker)? When configuring the MCU, i see the option for "Dynamic Layout". This is EXACTLY what the customer wants, instead all they get is the loudest speaker. If this is not possible with VT Advantage, then i would appreciate someone pointing me in the direction of a product that will allow the customer to see all users in seperate video windows. Thanks

2 Replies 2

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think you can all the speakers in separate video windows. However, a Continuous Presence (CP) layout combines all the separate video streams and arranges them within a single layout (and possibly highlighting the active speaker, or placing them in a larger portion of the screen), and then sends the single video stream back to all participants.

Hello,

Continuous Presence is currently running.. however the quality is horrible. QoS is not an issue here becuase we were testing this as a demo on a seperate LAN that was just running callmanager and the ip phones + cameras. If two people are talking at the same time, the images get molded into each other and you can't tell who's talking. The active speaker has to talk for at least 20 seconds before his picture is clearly presented. That's why i'm asking if it is possible to display all participants in seperate windows. Also, if the Dynamic Layout is available on the MCU, why can't i use it?