Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage over inter cluster trunk

wesley_lim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would like to find out if I have missed out anything in setting up VT Advantage across multi sites using CCM non gatekeeper controlled trunk.

1.On all sites, region, audio & video bandwidth is set the same.

2. VTA works without any problems on LAN, for all sites.

3. Only voice calls gets through over ICT - video to no avail.

4. Is media termination point required for VTA to work across ICT?

7 Replies 7

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Disable MTP on trunks.MTP does not support video as of now.Check for the allocated Bandwidth is sufficient.Try adjusting the bandwidth by comprising Audio bandwidth and see if that works.

I've tried unchecking the MTP but we couldn't hear any audio even though the calls got through. So is there anything else to check?

mlebus
Level 1
Level 1

Have similar problem with CCM 4.1.3sr1.

Not sure of phone firmware, but it's fairly current.

Bandwidth is not the main issue...when the sites were clustered together, video was fine and the WAN is the same today as then.

Any updates on this ??

I've openned a TAC case for this and MTP needs to be unchecked for video to work apparently. However, when MTP is unchecked, the phones needs to be able to reach each other because the calls are not terminated via CM then. My setup has yet to work because there was some firewall and routing issues in between.

Our issues are not MTP related...voice works fine.

We do have a TAC case open, and they are focusing on the camera software... VTA 2.1, or 2.0.3 ....not sure what we're using at the moment.

I will say that TAC tested our setup in lab....and had the same problem we had. So the WAN is definitely not the problem.

I can't believe there are not more posts about inter-clusters trunks and VTA. Surely customers are, and have an expectation of, using VTA between different clusters....within a single company or with their business partners.

So your voice calls are working fine with MTP unchecked? How about video calls in the CM cluster? If that is working then it should not be a camera/ software issue.

Related note: TAC tested using 4.1.3sr7...we are at 4.1.3sr1. So newer service release does not to help either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: