cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage Problem

cwoerther
Level 1
Level 1

I have double checked all the configurations based on Cisco documentation and everything seems correct. The camera is showing on the phone (7970) screen and the client software on the PC is connecting to the phone. The camera is setup and tests ok. When a try to place a call to another video enabled phone with the exact same setup nothing happens. I am pulling my hair out here. Does anyone have a clue of what I might be missing.

4 Replies 4

michael1010
Level 1
Level 1

What version are you using, i'm having similar issues with 2.0.1.1

You should also check you have sufficient bandwidth allocated between regions and within each location on the Call Manager.

scoyle
Level 1
Level 1

Which version of VT Advantage? The new 2.0 version seems to be buggy

ccie7994
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you are missing anything. I upgraded to version 2.0(1a) and I ran into the same problem when using the 7970s only. I suggest you uninstall 2.0 and reinstall 1.0(2). This fixed my problem. What is funny is that I had the pre release beta version 2.0 and it worked perfectly fine and now that it is released it does not.

It turns out this is a known (known to Cisco) issue with the 7970?s only. If you install the latest Firmware (load SCCP70.8-0-3S) for the phones it will work. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: