Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VTA addressability with remote H.323 endpoint

We're successfully communicating among VTA IP Phones and H.323 (Polycom) devices in our local IP address space. I'd like to call another Polycom device in another subnet. As I understand things, both the CallManager and the phone must be reachable from the H.323 device. Right now, the IP Phone is reachable, but the CallManager is not, and re-addressing the CallManager ain't gonna happen right away. Can I Static-NAT the CallManager(s) to place them in a subnet reachable by the remote H.323 device? Or is my basic understanding wrong?

4 Replies 4

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

I understand this is a problem of Subnet addressing ,

u may use the second NIC card which comes with the callmanager server or Can use NAT.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a008008052e.html

The problem is not between the phones and CCM, it's between the remote H.323 device and CCM. It looks like I can use static NAT, but NAT has to be H.323 aware. I'm scrounging for a router that can legally and physically run such an image, and will test it later this week. Using the second NIC is an interesting idea, though. I'd have to modify the CCM route table and probably wind up with an unsupported configuration, but it'd be fun to try.

mlebus
Level 1
Level 1

I've tested this with 4.1.3sr1 and a Polycom Viewstation 512 and could not get the call to stay up longer than 10-12 seconds.

Would like to know how you set this up ?? Polycom equipment used; firmware version ??

Sorry for the delay; I had to find a Polycom expert. He tells me it's:

Model VSSP:128:H.323

Software Version: Release 7.5 SP 29 Sept 2003

I just set up an H.323 phone using the IP address of the Polycom; call for details,if there are any: 863-956-5891.

mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: