cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best way to secure and stream video over the Internet?

network27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I want to setup a WAN network to stream video from the head office to a number of small offices. Cost is not an issue, but bandwidth and securities are.

What are the best ways to stream video over the Internet? I'm thinking of either ADSL or frame-relay for WAN technology, and VPN to secure the traffic but I'm concern about the overhead.

Are there any equipment to do this?

Thanks for your input.

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

At the foundation of MMS is the Cisco Content Delivery System (CDS), which supports the CableLabs? PacketCable" Multimedia (PCMM) specification in order to provide quality of service (QoS) to content delivered over PCMM-enabled networks for Internet streaming. The MMS architecture thus enhances end-user services such as PC-based television, video-on-demand (VoD) services, and subscriber-contributed content acquisition, distribution, and playback as service offerings to the PC, mobile wireless device, or IP-connected personal media player.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns522/ns457/net_implementation_white_paper0900aecd806d2aac.html

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Please tell me a little bit more about your application. Is this just for the computer desktop or are you looking at Digital Signage or having the video playback over a television screen. How much content will you be posting? Little or a lot. How many users? How many locations? Is this internal training communications stuff or customer facing content?

To be secure you will definitely need a VPN.

Check out Cisco's Digital Media System and ACNS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: