Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1751 FXS as a SIP Phone

I've got a 1751 with two FXS (those are the ones that a phone plugs into right?) that I need to configure to register with a SIP server and allow VoIP phone calls to be made.

Can anyone help me out here? I have no idea how to do this and I have tried searching.

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: 1751 FXS as a SIP Phone

The 1751 is not and endpoint or a terminal so it will NOT register with the Sip Proxy server. There is a new feature in later ios called tgrep

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a008017d112.html

that allows 26xx/36xx routers to register with the sip proxy server, it is not however implemented for 17xx series routers yet.

Hope this answers your question.

5 REPLIES
Silver

The 1751 is not and endpoint or a terminal so it will NOT register with the Sip Proxy server. There is a new feature in later ios called tgrep

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a008017d112.html

that allows 26xx/36xx routers to register with the sip proxy server, it is not however implemented for 17xx series routers yet.

Hope this answers your question.

Damn. :-)

thanks

How ould they register to a sip proxy server, I'm not seeing a user/pass in that configuration or link.

Hi,

I have the same configuration. If you have sucessfully installed the SIP on it. Is it possible to send the configuration to me.

What is your IOS version

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content