cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2650 and 1750-2`s

mcelec
Level 1
Level 1

My main router is a 2650, it has a E&M card to connect to telephone system, then, I need to connect two phones at the remote places, can I do that?

Do you have a good example, or a nice white paper in order to install that?

Or maybe a nice training at E-learning connection.

Thanks in advanced

mc

4 Replies 4

electro22
Level 1
Level 1

I'm assuming the 2 phones are analog phones that would need to connect to an FXS port. the easiest way would be to use a VG200. You can place upto 4 FXS ports in a VG200 and install the VG200 at the remote site

ezequiel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i think that you need connect phones on remote sites, a good solution is to install a vg200 or 1750 or other little router voice capable on the remote sites and configure to make calls through the IP link between sites, the schema is like this:

POP 1(2 fxs ports) Central Site (E&Mard)

Little router with <-----Wan Connection------> 2650 router with IP link

IP link

In this scenario you use voip features to encapsulate your voice calls from your central site to your remote sites. This is a very simple scenario, if you have the voice cards you can do this quickly.

Regards

Ezequiel Colombo

[Argentina]

Thanks Ezequiel,

Yes, it is mi configuration, a 2650 to the Telephone system and a 1750 at remote office with a fxs ports.

Do you have some example config like that?.

I do not know the E&M card conf, and if you have a fxs card conf,,,much better.

thanks in advanced

Martin

Martin,

The configurations you need for each FXS will change slightly depending on the type of phone and features expected.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4224/sw_confg/module.htm

I'm assuming you have Dial-peers configured already. If not yo might want to pick up Cisco Press "Cisco Voice over Frame Realy, ATM, and IP" ISBN# 1-57870-227-5. This will answer all of your questions about this type of deployment.

Hope this helps.

Craig