Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2650 and 1750-2`s

My main router is a 2650, it has a E&M card to connect to telephone system, then, I need to connect two phones at the remote places, can I do that?

Do you have a good example, or a nice white paper in order to install that?

Or maybe a nice training at E-learning connection.

Thanks in advanced

mc

4 REPLIES

Re: 2650 and 1750-2`s

I'm assuming the 2 phones are analog phones that would need to connect to an FXS port. the easiest way would be to use a VG200. You can place upto 4 FXS ports in a VG200 and install the VG200 at the remote site

Hi, i think that you need connect phones on remote sites, a good solution is to install a vg200 or 1750 or other little router voice capable on the remote sites and configure to make calls through the IP link between sites, the schema is like this:

POP 1(2 fxs ports) Central Site (E&Mard)

Little router with <-----Wan Connection------> 2650 router with IP link

IP link

In this scenario you use voip features to encapsulate your voice calls from your central site to your remote sites. This is a very simple scenario, if you have the voice cards you can do this quickly.

Regards

Ezequiel Colombo

[Argentina]

Thanks Ezequiel,

Yes, it is mi configuration, a 2650 to the Telephone system and a 1750 at remote office with a fxs ports.

Do you have some example config like that?.

I do not know the E&M card conf, and if you have a fxs card conf,,,much better.

thanks in advanced

Martin

Martin,

The configurations you need for each FXS will change slightly depending on the type of phone and features expected.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4224/sw_confg/module.htm

I'm assuming you have Dial-peers configured already. If not yo might want to pick up Cisco Press "Cisco Voice over Frame Realy, ATM, and IP" ISBN# 1-57870-227-5. This will answer all of your questions about this type of deployment.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content