Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7960 backup SIP proxy registration (SRST).

Hi,

I'd like to run SIP cisco 7960 in redundant configuration. I mean I want the phone to be registered with both primary and backup proxy so that service continues to work in case of

primary proxy failure. I've set in SIPDefault.cnt:

proxy1_address: 192.168.1.10

proxy1_port: 5060

proxy_backup: 192.168.1.12

proxy_backup_port: 5060

The problem is that 7960 registers all the configured lines with primary proxy, but the line 1 only with backup proxy. It's not about

registration failure. The phone doesn't even try to register other 5 lines with backup proxy. As a result if the primary proxy fails incoming calls work for the line 1 only.

Has anybody managed to register all the lines with backup proxy?

I'm running SIP software 4.4, the last version before digital signature was introduced. Should I upgrade? Or may be I'm missing something in

configuration?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

• Voice over IP
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 7960 backup SIP proxy registration (SRST).

I've run accross a bug associated with this. Check in the Bugtoolkit.

Re: 7960 backup SIP proxy registration (SRST).

Hi,

Unfortunatley i am unable to help with your query, But i was wondering if you can help me with mine as you are one of the few out there that are using SIP SRST.

I have tried configuring SIP SRST on a 1760-v with cisco 7960 with load Ps03-05-3-00. The phone registers ok but calls from pstn or ip2ip just dont seem to work.

Do you have a working config i could take a look at ?

Or any suggestions ?

I would really appreciated the help

Many thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.