Views
Helpful
Replies

7961/7941 IP phones

samayann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a very simple question to ask, Do 7961/7961 phones support for 'disable speakerphone' feature?

I tried to do that by checking the 'disable speakerphone' feature on the phone configuration page and was not successfull.

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically the options that appear in the 'Product Specific' section of the phone configuration page are options specific to that phone model - so Yes, if the option appears it is supported. It does work on my lab system as well.

- Ensure that you have saved and reset the phone after making the change

- do a 'tftp 192.168.0.61 get SEPxxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml' from a command prompt, then open the downloaded file. Search it for 'speaker' and you should see an xml attribute set to false. This proves that CCM is applying the config to the config file

- Test the phone; if it doesn't accept the setting, then you have two options:

1) Download the latest device pack for your CCM version; it may be a firmware bug that is already resolved

2) Open a TAC case

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I have checked the disable speakerphone feature, hence on the xml file could see that the parameter is set to true. The problem here is on the phone(device) the change is not reflected, the speaker is still active and working. Is it that these phones do not support the feature or is it a defect?

Hi

I'll repeat myself:

Basically the options that appear in the 'Product Specific' section of the phone configuration page are options specific to that phone model - so Yes, if the option appears it is supported. It does work on my lab system as well.

So yes, it could be a defect. Suggest you apply a new device pack or open a TAC case...

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Cool! Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: