Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding New Pri, No Ringback or voice when DID's ported over to new PRI

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a Cisco 3745 Router with 2 PRI's configured on 1 WIC Card. We have installed 2 new PRI's and are in the process of porting over the DID's from the old PRI's.

Telco has ported over a block of 100 numbers to the new PRI.

The block of numbers ported over are the range from 836-6400 to 836-6499. My issue is that when i assign an extension within that range of numbers to a voip phone, i do not get any voice or ringback tones. The phone will ring and the caller id will show, but when i answer, i cannot hear anything, nor am i able to speak.

The calling party cannot hear any ring back as well.

i have attached my router config file for reference.

The new PRI in reference is on Serial 3/0:23

VOIP gurus, please help!!

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Brandon,

Can you do an extended ping from the routers Loopback0 192.168.9.10 to the IP address of your test VOIP phone? I'm not sure what softswitch (Call Manager?) you are using, but the no audio symptom usually indicates no IP path between the gateway and the phone, but a good IP path to the softswitch/signalling server.

You also might do a show call active voice brief during a test call to verify the call is matching the correct peers (PID).

Dave

Dave,

Thank you....i did do a show call active voice bri and the call is being matched to the correct dial peers.

However, there is no ip path between the gateway and the phone. I did do a test with the existing voice cards. I unplugged both of the existing pri's and plugged in my new T1 with the numbers that have been ported over, and it works flawlessly.

Is there any way that my router has not enough DSP resources?? therefore causing no audio to be broadcast?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

CALL MANAGER SYSTEM VERSION: 3.3(3)es76

CALL MANAGER ADMIN VERSION 3.3(0.161)

CALL MANAGER INSTALLATION ID: 3.3(3)es76

Still an issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: