cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All phones dead

rogermoreau
Level 1
Level 1

I just experienced a problem with our CUCM 6.1.2 All my phones went dead suddenly. Internal calls could be made without issue, however outgoing calls received long dead space followed by a busy signal.

The real kicker was incoming calls. Incoming calls would not real ring until minutes after. Of course, by the time the call rang our the phone the caller had long hung up and the recipient was greeted with silence.

Good news is that rebooting the system seemed to right everything. Bad news is, I have no idea what happed and if this issue will arise again.

One other thing to note, I upgraded from 6.0.1 a week ago. No problems after the upgrade till now.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roger,

This sounds like an issue with your Trunking more than CCM itself. These symptoms are indicative of PRI's or T1's being hung up or Out of Service. Perhaps your reboot reset the Gateways wich in turn brought this service back up.

Just a thought :)

Rob

I agree with Rob, next time this happens (if mgcp) check gateway registration (and if PRI) check PRI layer 2 information (show isdn stat and verify "multiframe-established" and "show isdn service" to make sure all the channels are in a service state. If you have MGCP backhaul layer 3 isdn information may not be accurate, but you can do a "show ccm-manager" and "show mgcp" to check the status of MGCP and the registration. If H.323 you can just check the gateway (maybe do a debug cch323 inout) if you know what to look for, (or debug voice vpm all for fxo ports).

At the very least you could run a "show tech" and show voice port sum (not sure if it is part of a show tech or not) to get some information next time before rebooting.