Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AS & PGW---AS & PGW --AS & PGW problem

Dears,

i need to configure my Voice Gateway and PGW on my single switch i need my Voice Gateway & PGW

to talk with each other at vlan 3.........and at the same time i need Voice Gateway to talk with

other devices in VLAN 4 can i do this scenario if yes please let me know the procedures.do you have other solution than using VLANs?

please see the attached file for more details.....

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: AS & PGW---AS & PGW --AS & PGW problem

The Catalyst 4224 includes an integrated eight-port Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) module to support devices such as analog phones, fax machines, and modems. The Catalyst 4224 shares a modular Voice Interface Card (VIC), and WAN Interface Card (WIC) with the Cisco 1600, 1700, 2600, and 3600 series platforms. This protects customer investment, streamlines operation costs associated with sparing of parts, and simplifies training

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps669/products_tech_note09186a00800947af.shtml

Re: AS & PGW---AS & PGW --AS & PGW problem

yo have many options to do that

1) you can configure the GW ( if is cisco)to work as a router, so, yo can create a sub interface int the fastethernet and create a trunk to the switch.

2) in the gateway have more than one interface, configure the other interface in the same vlan than the PGW.

3) if the PGW are running on any netra platform. you have 2 FE. configure one on the vlan3 and other in the vlan4.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies