Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AS5350 E1 PRI call setup question

Hi, I am about to connect a AS5350 to a soft switch via E1 PRI. I am being posted question by the soft switch vendor as below that have no idea to answer. Any help is appreciated.

Incoming call (via the PRI) from As5300 is actually 1 stage call or 2 stage call.

1 stage call:

The destination number will be in the Called Address signal field with respect to ITU Q.931.

No connect call is needed on our gateway unless called party answer the call during out dial.

2 stage call:

The destination number will be send to our gateway in the respective voice channel when call is answered.

Then, our gateway will make the out going call to called party with respect to the received digit.

If it's a 2 stage call, please let me know what is the time frame when Cisco box start sending destination number once the call is answered on our gateway. And also the inter digit time frame in between digit to send.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: AS5350 E1 PRI call setup question

The short and simple answer to your questions is that it will be a 1 stage call, where we will provide the called number in the q931 setup message and the call should be placed using that.

However you can get both stages to work. If we make a setup and ure switch is set for a 2 stage call, then it is likely the switch will send back dialtone, and a connect which will cut through the audio in both directions. Then the originating side can enter digits and make the call to any other extension. SO both scenarios can work, jsut depends on what you are trying to do.

Taimoor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content