cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

as5350 fax problem

jeremy.chang
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco As5350 voice gateway with 4 E1 interface. It coneects to a remote AS5300 gateway by Internet . When the as5300 sends a fax to as 5350 ,it's ok ! But when as5350 sends one to as5300 , it will disconnects when they are handshaking .

The as5350 is configured as fax protocol t.38 & fax rate voice & fax-relay ecm disable.

What's the problem ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The as5350 can work with T.38 only, hence you have to configure as5300 with T.38. And you also need to configure the incoming dial-peer on the as5300 as T.38

The additional configuartions on as5300 should be :

dial-peer voice 200 voip

incoming called-number .T

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0

Also check if the codec and the clocking and compression techniques used are same, on both the ends.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The as5350 can work with T.38 only, hence you have to configure as5300 with T.38. And you also need to configure the incoming dial-peer on the as5300 as T.38

The additional configuartions on as5300 should be :

dial-peer voice 200 voip

incoming called-number .T

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0

Also check if the codec and the clocking and compression techniques used are same, on both the ends.

Thank you for your reply .

I did configure as5300 with T.38 but did not confiure as5300 as t.38.

I will try it .

Thank you

Jeremy,

did you try the configuration change, and did it fix the problem? I have seen an issue similare to this one, but didn't know how to resolve it.

Iris,

is this a known issue/difference between the 5300 and the 5350? i would like to know more about what specific command/feature causes the fax failure. any more elaboration you can add to your already-interesting comment would be really appreciated.

E.

Yes , I configured both the gateways as T.38 and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: