cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA is dropping calls randomly

c.yeo
Level 1
Level 1

Since we upgraded CallManagers to 4.2(3)SR3a, our ATAs don't hold calls. Sometimed 2 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes, but the call WILL get dropped with a 'Temp Fail' message on the Desk Phone and a CDR disconnect code of 41 (Temporary Failure).

No routers involved, just ATA/Pots phone to 7940 Desk phone on same subnet (or not, it doesn't matter).

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

I think this may be something TAC needs to know about.

3 Replies 3

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

5 ms problem delay from GW is may be the root cause of the issue. please do print-call to see if you run into Hang call situation .

actually, Cisco created some CallManager traces the other day. Although I couldn't see anything in them, TAC has suggested it may be the second Phone port trying to register with the CallManager.

We logged into the ATA (with IE) and changed the SCCP Parameter: SID1 to a 0 (instead of a period). The box has had no problems since.

I have change the other ATAs and will check them out tomorrow.

Strange things....

Hi,

Do you have proof in the meantime that this was the cause of your call drops? Same strange things happen here as well

Cheers

/David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: