Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA186+Multitech

Dear all,

i am trying to setup an H323 VoIP between a Multitech voice gateway MVP400( in the Head Office) with Cisco ATA186 ( in a remote branche connected to HO through WAN) .

as a first scenario , i have configured the MVP400 for FXS operation , and i m able to call the ata186 in the remote brnanch and vice versa( i am using codec g723.1)

as a second scenario i have configured the MVP400 for FXO operation and connected the FXO interface to the station side of a PANASONIC PBX , what is happening is from any extension at the head office i am able to call the remote ata normally , but when i tried to do a reverse call ( from ata186 i m trying to call an extension in the HO) i got first a long tone , it times for one minute then i got busy signal when i dial the internal extension.

could anyone please advise about this problem and how could i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ali.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ATA186+Multitech

The long tone is most likey a dial tone from the remote PBX. Maybe the Multitech box is not set up to forward and/all of the digits that come from the VOIP call leg ???

Can the mutlitech do any traces to prove the call is getting in to it from the ATA ?

Put a butt set across the trunk between the Multitech and the PBX and listen in when the call is made - if you hear the port go off hook and no digits are sent then the problem is the Multitech unit. If you hear digits but the tone stays then it is the PBX or cabling.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply ,

there is a feature on the Multitech called "call progress" for each channel , so when i checked this feature for the designated channel to troubleshoot the probelm ,i am seeing the call coming from the IP address of the remote ATA and the Multitech FXO channel went in "OFF HOOK" state( getting long tone from PBX) without getting hold of the extension called( result is busy signal when i dial the internal extension).

i don't think it is cabling issue, because i am able to initiate calls from any PBX extension to ATA.

does DTMF regional settings(between Multitech and PBX) cause such problems ?

could you please elaborate on "Put a butt set across the trunk between the Multitech and the PBX " , is it a parallel extension to the one plugged into the Multitech?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Ali.

Silver

The multitech is not forwarding any digits out the port. The ATA must have sent them, otherwise the call would not have arrived at the multitech !

Butt set - telephone technicians test handset , a device which allows you to monitor a telephone line without it going off hook. It will confirm if the multitech is sending digits.

Hi ,

Thanks again for your reply ,

lel me ask you a clarification related to the fact that VoIP multitech is not forwarding any digits out the port, and as per your knowldge and experience , could it be caused by a mismatching of DTMF Regional settings( it is a group of parameters like Dial Tone ,Busy Tone and Ring Tone ) between the Multitech and Panasonic PBX ? is there any need to match both ends or no ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Regards,

Ali

Views
Helpful
Replies