Views
Helpful
Replies

backup d-channel

anitachoi3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I setup the DS3 cct peer to provider to terminate the voice traffic. I follow the doc to config T3 and it is working without any issue. the config is following:

my questions are

1. do I need to config setting for backup D channel?

e.g.

! 7/0:28:d is backup D channel

!

voice-port 7/0:28:D

echo-cancel coverage 16

!

!

dial-peer voice 88602 pots

destination-pattern 886T.

direct-inward-dial

port 7/0:28:D

!

2. If the pri D-channel down, backup should be up. There is no setting for "7/0:28:D". Is router smart enough to take care the voice traffic even through there is no config for "7/0:28:D". If so, how do I check the backup d-channel which is handling voice traffic? (because I do not know which D-channel is active)

3. how do I trace the call which trunk it passed through? any work around to solve it? e.g. one way voice problem in one of 28 T1 ccts?

4. any suggestion and advice if I use this config. e.g. add prefix, use translation rule...

rgds

! R1 config

!

controller T3 7/0

framing m23

clock source line

cablelength 450

t1 1-28 controller

description peer to xxxxx

!

controller T1 7/0:1

framing esf

pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 0

description T1 with Primary D Channel

!

! skip some setting

!

controller T1 7/0:28

framing esf

pri-group timeslots 1-24 nfas_d backup nfas_int 27 nfas_group 0

description T1 with Backup D Channel

!

! skip some setting

!

voice-port 7/0:1:D

echo-cancel coverage 16

!

!

dial-peer voice 88601 pots

destination-pattern 886T.

direct-inward-dial

port 7/0:1:D

!

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Yes you have to do config setting for backup D channel. If you are using backup d-channels and receive an implicit setup message, the vco will answer with an explicit response with the backup d-channel's interface number. The generic only remembers the last data message about the link, so the primary d-channel is being confused with the secondary d-channel interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008020ecee.html#wp1047198

Hi,

So, I config the dial peer setting for primay d-channel only. The router should be smart enough to handle the voice call if the primary d-channel is down and backup d-channel will be up. Is it right?

regarding Q3

how do I trace the call which trunks (one of 28 T1 ccts) it passed through?

rgds