Views
Helpful
Replies

BIG case BIG case BIG case BIG case BIG case

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

I have this case:

My device Linksys-WRTP54G is connected to ADSL modem & running well with SIP Mobile phones through it the mobile phone is directly registered and connected calls are done with no problems.

But if I connect any type of ADSL modem with built-in integrated router (Modem and Router in the same unit device),SIP Mobile phones are directly registered and connected …. But the caller person doesn't hear ring back tone and called person doesn't hear the voice for caller person…. Do you have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"any type", which types ?

many don't support nat properlt and need configuration on the phone or on the router.

A cisco router should have no problems, some types like the 871w have adsl and wireless.

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

Ok this my case:

I have AS5400 as my SS7 Voice gateway and PGW2200 as signaling controller this not protected by Firewall.

I have my softswitch SIP server servers behind the firewall and they are protected ,SIP ports and other Voices port are opened but I don't if I need other ports to be opened ….what I know now my services is running and they are customers have my service and no problem with some of them but some problems appear now like I gave you before:

1. I have a Problem in ring back tone when our customers make a call to my extensions that connected by Linksys WRTP54G I don't know if the problem in my Firewall or in Linksys device.

2. I have a problem with some customers not all, that they cannot hear each other some of them are using Linksys devices as WRTP54G.

3. I have a problem that some IP phones (Linksys SPA921) can receive any call and originate calls between PBXs but cannot originate calls for mobile phones or international although at the same LAN network there is soft phone (X-lite) can originate and receive all type of calls.

4. But if I connect any type of ADSL modem with built-in integrated router like US Robetics (Modem and Router in the same unit device),SIP Mobile phones are directly registered and connected …. But the caller person doesn't hear ring back tone and called person doesn't hear the voice for caller person…. Do you have any ideas?

I attached my ASA5510 & AS400 configuration for more assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: