Views
Helpful
Replies

BUG 1369 on Nortel 81c with CallManager/VG200s

darryl.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

We have had a strange issue for some time. We have an Nortel 81c intergrated with CallManager (v3.1(3a) using two VG200s (12.2(11) T). Everything works well and this hybrid network has been stable for the last 1.5 years. However, on the Nortel PBX, our PBX engineer keeps complaining about BUG1369 Errors he gets on his TTY Ports (Like Cisco Debug Messages). Looks like his PBX believes the B channels are "Locked" while the Cisco environment believes they are "Idle". Has anyone seen this before and if so, have they been able to correct it. My fear is that it is a VG200 thing (one of the reasons they discountinued it) but I need to confirm this. We are upgrading to CallManager 4.0 in the next 8 weeks but I believe the issue to be tied to the gateways.

Regards....D

5 Replies 5

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be hard to say for sure without more detailed info, such as a callmanager trace showing the point in time when the PBX starts thingking the B cahnnels are locked. But if the nortel message looks like this:

'Loop # out-of-range in BCH_TO_TN'.

You could be running into CSCdv86713 which is fixed in callmanager 4.0. Here is the release note for the bug:

Problem Description: In instances where CallManager needs to issue a RESTART

service message for the DMS-100 protocol, the extension (or restart) bit should

be set to a value of zero.

This is resolved with 3.1(2c)Special8.

Hope this helps

justin.cohen
Level 1
Level 1

BUG1369 is not related to your locking channels.

Look for call processing loops.

Justin,

Thanks for the input but can you provide any more details? Call Processing Loops? What exactly do you mean.... Is this something on the 81c or CallManagers?

Thanks in advance....D

I am having the same problem between a Nortel Option81c and a 6608 gateway. I believe this problem started when we changed to DMS100 switch type. I have to use this switch type for calling ID support between the Nortel and the Cisco gateway. When the switch tech looks at the trunk he is seeing certain channels in a locked state.

We are running callmanager 3.3.3 with the latest upgrades. The load on the 6608 is D00404000006.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

I am running into the same issue too. We are running a VG200 and Nortel Option81c. The Nortel shows:

PRI* TRK LOOP 50 - ENBL

FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL

SERVICE RESTORE: YES

YEL ALM PROCESS: YES

ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM

CH 01 - IDLE TIE VOD * CH 02 - MBSY TIE VOD *

CH 03 - MBSY TIE VOD * CH 04 - MBSY TIE VOD *

CH 05 - MBSY TIE VOD * CH 06 - MBSY TIE VOD *

CH 07 - IDLE TIE VOD * CH 08 - IDLE TIE VOD *

CH 09 - MBSY TIE VOD * CH 10 - IDLE TIE VOD *

CH 11 - BUSY TIE VOD * CH 12 - BUSY TIE VOD *

CH 13 - IDLE TIE VOD * CH 14 - IDLE TIE VOD *

CH 15 - BUSY TIE VOD * CH 16 - IDLE TIE VOD *

CH 17 - IDLE TIE VOD * CH 18 - MBSY TIE VOD *

CH 19 - MBSY TIE VOD * CH 20 - MBSY TIE VOD *

CH 21 - MBSY TIE VOD * CH 22 - IDLE TIE VOD *

CH 23 - IDLE TIE VOD * CH 24 - DCH 12

I'm concerned with the MBSY TIE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: